Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners. You appreciate the ease of having packages delivered right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes on your doorstep are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are effective tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Greensboro video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You are now able to implement detection zones, talk to whoever’s at your door, and obtain immediate notifications whenever something is dropped off.
The best way to see how a Greensboro video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous advantages it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a great way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage any time of day: What’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? Top models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You can receive immediate alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your front door? Bi-directional audio lets you find out their purpose for being there. You could even utilize this handy feature to frighten off people lurking around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the option to access real-time and saved video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. They’ve turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.