Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Greensboro smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete charge of your Greensboro home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Greensboro?
Wirelessly linking to components through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved video from any integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Greensboro by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Greensboro
Although various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and submit the information to send an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Greensboro security system. Call (336) 962-5081 to get started.