What you should look for in a home security camera in Greensboro
Getting captured on video is the last thing an invader wants This is the main reason why security cameras are among the best components to consider as you customize your smart home’s security. Even though free-standing cameras are beneficial when configured correctly, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your residence’s smart home system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Greensboro? You’ll be pleased to know these important devices have more benefits than earlier versions. You may watch real-time streams from indoor cameras or catch the attention of intruders with built-in deterrents from exterior cameras. You’ll also get easy access to your security cameras with a central touchscreen panel or cell phone app.
Dynamic features bolster home security cameras in Greensboro
Versatile and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will raise your property’s defense to a whole new level. These essential aspects of your alarm system are available with an incredible range of features including two-way audio, video storage, and customizable zones. Take a look at the available options here.
- Built-in deterrents: Choose a surveillance camera that will take action automatically. If odd behavior is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright circle of red light will form around the camera’s lens and an audible alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers well-defined views of your environs any time of day. Your cameras will also keep their visibility when zooming in on specific spots.
- Cloud storage: Choose security cameras with cloud storage capabilities and the ability to review video directly from your cell phone app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in Greensboro are typically paired to a handy smartphone app. You are able to watch real-time streams or pre-recorded video and even engage or disengage your alarms. The Vivint App will deliver an update to your phone whenever the cameras are triggered.
- Motion sensors: Built-in motion detectors means your cameras will activate when unusual activity is detected. You’ll even be alerted with an update on your smartphone.
- Speak to visitors or members of your family: Would you like to touch base with your kids when they return from school? Do you have a visitor at your main entry? Today’s surveillance systems, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient two-way communications so you are able to chat with anyone detected by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: Generally speaking, your outdoor cameras should provide at least 120° of viewing perspective. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° angle viewing.
- Customizable zones: This feature provides the opportunity to designate the exact space you wish your camera to watch over. This will be important to better define the activity you surveil as you wouldn’t require notifications each time a vehicle goes by on the street.
Design your own smart home
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Greensboro. The only thing left to do is to design your own robust Vivint smart home. Dial (336) 962-5081 to start or complete the simple form on this page to contact our home protection and automation professionals.